We are excited about our current study, Mark’s Discipleship: Being With Jesus. This five-week study in the book of Mark will address two main questions:
- What does a disciple of Jesus look like in the Gospel of Mark?
- What might this image of discipleship look like in the context of a teenager today?
We will examine five scenes in Mark’s Gospel to address this central question: What does this passage or person in Mark’s Gospel teach us about Christian discipleship?
- A Call to Being (January 3)
Mark 1:16–20; 3:13–19
- Faith Instead of Fear (January 10)
- Blind Faith (January 24)
Mark 8:22–26; 10:46–52
- The Cost of Following Jesus (January 31)
- The Mighty Widow (February 7)
We have these two expectations for our students throughout this study: